Location and FAQs
NOLA on Tap
Saturday, September 21, 2019
General Admission: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Early VIP Entry at 11:00 am
New Orleans City Park’s Festival Grounds
NOLA on Tap is held at City Park’s Festival Grounds on Friedrichs Ave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does entry work?
A: Admission can be purchased in advanced online (pre-sale closes at 11:59 p.m. on 9/17) or at the main entrance day of. There are two options for admission: General and Early Bird VIP.
Q: How do I know what to drink tickets buy?
A: Drink tickets are used for beer samples, full size beers, wine, soft drinks and water. We recommend starting off with one of the suggested packages. Otherwise, you can purchase drink tickets onsite for $1 each (minimum of 10). Pricing of the beers will be offered as follows but subject to change:
- 3 oz sample pours will range from 1-3 tickets. (Most commercial beers will be 1 ticket, while Homebrew and more rare commercial beers will be 2 tickets, with some really rare commercial beers will be 3 tickets.)
- 9 oz full pours from commercial beers will range from 3-7 drink tickets.
- 3 oz Homebrew, Brewpub and Meadery pours are 2 tickets each.
Q: Can I buy the whole beer?
A: Yes, some commercial beers are available in a 9 oz. pour for an additional cost. Because of limited quantity, Homebrews are not available in full size. See above.
Q: What is included with the VIP pass?
A: All VIP’s receive early admission at 11:00 am and the following:
- Access to exclusive VIP beers (drink tickets are still required to sample)
- NOLA on Tap koozie
- VIP-only restrooms and handwash station
- Mist Works Cool Misters
- Special seating courtesy of Bratz Y’all
- Cell phone charging station powered by Solar Alternatives
- And an opportunity to meet brewers in the VIP area.
*VIP is 21 and older only. Sorry, no children.
Q: What is the music schedule for the event?
A: Stay tuned for announcements regarding NOLA on Tap 2019! Past music acts have included:
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.- Robin Barnes
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Roadside Glorious
- 5:30 p.m. – Special performance by Choppa
- 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Category 6
Q: Will there be food?
A: Yes, we will have several local vendors featuring a variety of festival food available for purchase with cash or credit. Expect food prices to average $5 – $10. Food sales are cash/credit only. You cannot use drink tickets to purchase food.
Q: Will there be festival vendors?
A: Yes, we will have a variety of art & merchandise vendors featured this year. For a list of participating vendors, please visit our festival vendors page. Vendors will take cash or credit card.
Q: Can I bring in a cooler and/or outside drinks and food?
A: No, this is a fundraiser for the Louisiana SPCA and we appreciate your consideration for helping the animals. All bags will be subject to search.
Q: What about parking?
A: Parking is limited within City Park. We suggest public transportation, cabs, Uber, Lyft, carpooling and biking to the event. Bicycle parking lot provided by Bike Easy, with bike valet sponsored by Hancock Whitney Bank. Parking law violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
Q: How do you monitor underage drinking?
A: IDs are checked at the entrance and receive a wristband. Only NOLA on Tap attendees 21 and older with wristbands may purchase or consume alcohol.
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: Yes, but no aggressive dogs allowed. All dogs must be leashed.
Q: Can I bring in folding chairs or blankets?
A: Yes, there will be live music so more reason to make yourself comfortable.
Q: What if I do not like beer?
A: That’s fine; we also have wine, cider, margaritas and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase.
Q: How can I get involved in this event as a sponsor, vendor or volunteer?
A: Check it out here.